About the Area
Things to Do on Bailey Island
On the Water:
- Water access is available from our private dock. Bring your boat and enjoy!
- Casco Bay Lines daily Nature Cruise from Cook’s Landing, June 27 – September 12th
- Casco Bay Boat Charters from Mackerel Cove
- Eagle Island. Tour the summer home of Admiral Peary, the first person to reach the North Pole.
- Fishing Trips. Catch Bluefish, Stripers and Mackerel.
- Seal Watches. A favorite for the whole family.
- View Bailey Island from the water. Pass under the famous Cribstone Bridge.
- Sunset Cruise. Relax and enjoy the sun setting over the bay.
- Get a taste of Maine, at Cook’s Lobster House, on Garrison Cove. One of the best seafood restaurants on the coast since 1955.
- Annual Tuna Tournament, at Cook’s Lobster House, usually held the last week of July.
So Much Else, Too!
- Art Galleries
- Quilt Shows
- Craft Shows
- Old-fashioned Lobster Bakes
- Sailing & Kayaking with H2Outfitters
- View Bailey Island’s “Giant Staircase”
- Read our local paper, The Harpswell Anchor
“Off Island” Activities:
Web Hosting Provided by Maine Hosting Solutions